TechNOLEgy is a new RSO that has recently found a very strong following at FSU. TechNOLEgy has a mission: “make computer programming a social and interdisciplinary experience” and so far their message has been answered by enthusiastic students wanting to immerse themselves in this knowledge.
ACM is excited to see groups of students banding together to create and conquer the tech world and we have made moves to support and co-sponsor with TechNOLEgy in the future. We see this organization as another way for CS students to hone their skills, build things, and give back to the FSU student community.
To find out more about TechNOLEgy and how you can get involved:
Current Projects By The Group:
- Project 1: A real-time data acquisition and analytics platform for campuses
(e.g. number of people at Strozier, line at Starbucks etc)
- Project 2: A crowd map for FSU – a heatmap showing how crowded spaces/ events are on campus
- Project 3: Plant identification using image processing/ computer vision
- Project 4: Tweet2Tune – tweet to add songs to a radio queue
- Project 5: UnifiedCalendar – a calendar to sync schedules and schedule events among friends
(e.g. going to the gym together)